The best bike rack for Honda CRV eliminates the hassle/stress of placing and removing your bike from the cargo space or whatever position you might decide to store it within your vehicle.
By investing in one of the best bike racks for Honda CRV, you will get rid of the frequent/regular torture that may arise as you carefully wrestle your precious bike out of your car.
Do you want to invest in a bike rack but do not know the top designs to choose from or what you need to look out for in a solid rack?
In this guide, the question, “what is the best bike rack for a Honda CRV” is appropriately answered.
We will discuss a list of bike racks exclusively designed for Honda CRV.
On our list are 15 different designs, cutting across various brands, styles, shapes, and prices.
We advise that you take your time while going through the reviews to make accurate decisions (choosing the correct/ideal bike rack for Honda CRV).
Some of the most reliable bike rack brands known to design/build suitable and valuable bike racks for Honda CRV include Allen Sports Deluxe, Thule, Swagman, KAC, MAXXHAUL, Hollywood, Saris, YAKIMA, Retrospec, Tyger Auto, and BV.
- 1 A Comparison Table of Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV in 2022
- 2 Top 15 Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV Reviews
- 2.1 01. Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR – Best Bike Racks For Honda CRV
- 2.2 02. Thule T2 Pro (XTR 1.25″ Receiver)- Best Bike Rack For Crv
- 2.3 03. Swagman XC2 – Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV
- 2.4 04. KAC Overdrive Sports K2
- 2.5 05. MaxxHaul 50027
- 2.6 06. Hollywood Racks
- 2.7 07. Saris Bones Ex Trunk
- 2.8 08. YAKIMA 8002445
- 2.9 09. Retrospec Lenox
- 2.10 10. Thule EasyFold XT
- 2.11 11. Swagman B000SL1AEG
- 2.12 12. YAKIMA 8002103
- 2.13 13. Tyger Auto TG-RK4B102B
- 2.14 14. BV-HR B075MTH9NS
- 2.15 15. Allen Sports Deluxe 102900CP
- 3 Buying Considerations of Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV
- 4 Conclusion
A Comparison Table of Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV in 2022
|Allen Sports 2 inch|
|Thule Xtr 1.25 inch|
|Swagman 2 inch|
|KAC 2 inch|
|MAXXHAUL 2 inch|
|Hollywood Racks 2 inch|
|Saris 22.4 x 19.1 x 9 inch|
|YAKIMA 2 inch|
|Retrospec 2 inch|
|Thule 2 inch|
What is The Best Roof Rack For Honda CRV?
If you are considering a top bike rack for CRV worth the money. Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR is a great deal.
It is designed to deliver immense satisfaction and fulfillment for all bike lovers who own/drive a Honda CRV.
Why is Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR The Best Roof Rack For Honda CRV?
The Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR is equipped with so many exciting/remarkable features that enhance the movement/transportation of your bike (s) for ease and safety.
You can attach up to 4 bikes to the rack without any adverse effect or implication on strength, quality, integrity, and safety.
Top 15 Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV Reviews
01. Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR – Best Bike Racks For Honda CRV
- Alloy steel material
- Black powder coating
- Bike capacity: Four (4)
- 22 inch long carry arms
- 38 x 12.2 x 13.98 inches in dimension
- 23 pounds in weight
The Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR is a perfect pick for bike lovers who do not have a specific/particular design of bike rack design in mind.
It is designed to offer impressive features that guarantee flexibility and ease of operation.
For instance, you can easily adjust the rack to your preference.
Hence, the task of transporting your bike across various locations is made easy/seamless.
Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR can easily accommodate up to 4 bikes at once.
Thanks to its impressive carrying arm (22-inch).
So, if you are going on vacation with your friends and family, who are also bike lovers, you will have extra space to add more bikes to yours.
This bike rack is affordable. It costs less than $100 to make it yours.
Good enough, the sturdiness and durability are excellent.
- Ease, fast, and smooth installation
- Durable and sturdy design
- It can withstand attacks from rust
- You can easily adjust the rack to your preference
- You will need to install the class III or IV 2-inch hitch on your vehicle to use this rack
02. Thule T2 Pro (XTR 1.25″ Receiver)- Best Bike Rack For Crv
- Aluminum material
- 60 pounds maximum load capacity (up to 4 bikes)
- Integrated wheel, cable locks, and HitchSwitch lever
- Compatible with 20-inch to 29-inch wheels & about 5-inch tires (no adapters)
- 54 x 43 x 15 inches in dimension
- 04 pounds in weight
Thule T2 Pro is another versatile design that you will find attractive.
It is equipped with necessary features that enhance convenient use, security, and safety.
With a maximum load capacity of 60 pounds, this bike rack is designed to accommodate up to four (4) bikes at the same time.
Good enough, the rack provides a sufficient 12.5-inch spacing between each bike.
You can adjust mounted bikes side-by-side to keep off possible interference or collision.
There is no restriction or limitation to the type/design of bikes that can be mounted on it so far you keep to the weight limit.
Your bike’s protection & security is crucial, irrespective of the price or how long you have been riding it.
That is why the manufacturer has deemed it fit to include the cable locks feature.
As a result, the bikes are kept intact and stable while driving at top speeds and can’t be detached without your authorization.
- Guarantees zero contact with the frame
- It can accommodate a wide range of bikes
- Smooth and effortless installation and detachment
- Pricey & heavy
- It may not be the best rack for fat-tire bikes
03. Swagman XC2 – Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV
- Alloy steel material
- Compatible with 1.25-inch and 2-inch receiver Hitch.
- Accommodates up to 23.2-inch bike frames
- 70 pounds maximum load capacity (2 bikes)
- 5 x 34 x 11 inches in dimension
- 9 pounds in weight
If you own a bike with a tire size between 20-inch and 29-inch and have been looking for a suitable rack.
Here is a convenient option that you can consider.
Swagman XC2 has a maximum load capacity of 70 pounds and can simultaneously transport two (2) bikes.
Installing this bike rack on your Honda CRV keeps your storage space for essential use only.
It eliminates the stress that comes with putting your bike into your cargo or interior space and taking it out.
The rack supports easy use. It folds up without difficulty, ensuring it becomes as compact as possible to allow easy storage.
You can install this excellent bike rack for Honda CRV without any challenges.
You can quickly assemble it and adjust the upright ratchet arms to your bike frame size (up to 23.3-inch) in a few minutes.
- Operation/use & installation are straightforward
- Pocket-friendly and sturdy bike rack
- Easy adjustment to various bike frame sizes
- Doesn’t wobble. Guarantees your bike’s safety
- Not a great performer when driving across bumpy terrains
04. KAC Overdrive Sports K2
- 2-inch hitch mounted rack
- Locking hitch pin & soft form padded locking arm
- 60 pounds maximum load capacity (2 bikes)
- 5-inch wide heavy duty wheel holders
- 89 x 61.02 x 38.11 inches in dimension
- 8 pounds in weight
If you are looking for a reliable bike rack (sturdy, built with strength, and guarantees safety).
The KAC Overdrive Sports K2 may be what you are looking for.
Although it is a bit costly than some designs on our list and on the market.
It delivers excellently by providing you with fulfilling and satisfying results.
For instance, the anti-wobble unit or system guarantees stability while in transit.
Also, the quick-release system allows easy access to the cargo space, ensuring you can easily reach out to essential locations or positions in the rear.
KAC Overdrive Sports K2 is one of the best bike racks for Honda CRV that you can confidently pick up for peace of mind.
It can easily store two (2) bicycles. Interestingly, you can decide to detach the 2nd bike carrier, leaving just one intact.
With the padded clamps, supported by the locking knob & hitch pin.
Enhanced security and protection are guaranteed.
- Most of the parts/accessories are pre-assembled
- You can detach the 2nd bike carrier, leaving just one intact
- Accommodate a wide range of bikes
- A bit expensive
- Can’t support more than two (2) bikes at the same time
05. MaxxHaul 50027
- Alloy steel construction
- 80 pounds max load capacity (2 bikes)
- It fits class III and IV standard 2-inch hitch receivers
- Fits bikes frames with 20-inch to 26-inch wheel sizes
- 31.25 x 11.5 x 7.5 inches in dimension
- 1 pounds in weight
If you can afford slightly above $100.
Especially if you have a budget below $200 and desire a reliable way of transporting your bike from point A to B.
Look/search no further. MaxxHaul 50027 is made from a solid material.
The alloy steel guarantees extended strength, supporting up to 80 pounds of load capacity (40 pounds/bike).
Also, the foam-padded hooks (2) guarantee stability, ensuring the bikes are secured to the rack adequately.
This way, dents or stains are prevented from the bike’s finish, keeping any blemish totally away.
MaxxHaul 50027 is designed to fit a wide range of bike frames.
Thanks to the ability of the tire cradles and hooks to adjust appropriately.
It can accommodate between 20-inch and 26-inch wheel sizes seamlessly.
If you want or desire a Honda CRV bike rack no hitch, and you find this design attractive.
You may have to reconsider your choice.
- Accommodates a wide range of bike frames for reliable and safe haulage
- Stress-free installation
- Can’t carry more than two bikes at a go
06. Hollywood Racks
- Alloy steel & plastic construction
- Locking threaded hitch pin
- 48-inch max wheelbase & 3-inch maximum tire width
- 2-inch Hitch receiver Adapter
- 70 pounds maximum loading capacity (2 bikes)
- 5 x 8 x 14.5 inches in dimension
Considering the price and the associated features.
Hollywood Rack is undeniably one of the best bike racks for Honda CRV you will find out there.
If you are an active cyclist, and you can’t afford any of the expensive and heavy racks out there.
You can rely on the numerous benefits this design offers.
To start with, it is more than 3 times cheaper than most of the premium brands (it delivers similar or better performance in some cases).
Also, it is lightweight yet sturdy. As a result, you will be able to attach and detach it with ease at any point in time.
The hitch lock & key guarantees maximum security and protection.
Hollywood Rack can accommodate different frame sizes, especially if you own a bike equipped with fenders.
The three (3) attachment points ensure your bikes are firmly mounted/attached to the rack without wobbling or moving around.
- Lightweight design, yet sturdy
- Compatible with 1.25-inch and 2-inch hitch receivers
- Affordable unit
- Easy installation and removal
- 2 bikes capacity
07. Saris Bones Ex Trunk
- Synthetic material
- 70 pounds load capacity (2 bikes)
- Integrated strap management system
- 4 x 19.1 x 9 inches in dimension
- 11 pounds in weight
If you choose to ask any environmentally conscious individual, “what is the best bike rack for a Honda CRV?”
The answer is always specific/straightforward (it must be environmental-friendly).
The ideology/belief is that the best products must be made from recycled materials.
So, if you are intentional about the environment, and you are deliberate/intentional about the products you use.
You may be interested in what the Saris Bones Ex Trunk bike rack offers.
This bike rack is one of the few designs built with the environment in mind.
Thanks to the synthetic/recycled materials that are used in its construction.
The bike rack is not affected by rust. Also, its clean and sleek appearance enhances its attractiveness greatly.
You can drive at top speed knowing that your bikes are safe.
The premium/top-quality ratchet straps hold the bikes firmly & quickly to the rack for optimum stability.
- Affordable bike rack
- Attractive appearance and easy to install
- Sturdy, durable, and rust resistance
- Guarantees bikes stability while driving
- The bike capability (2) is limiting
08. YAKIMA 8002445
- 1-1/4-inch hitch mount tray bike rack
- 60 pounds max loading capacity (2 bikes)
- SKS Locks
- 5 x 64 x 12 inches in dimension
- 49 pounds in weight
Yakima 8002445 is a well-thought-out bike rack for CRV that anyone can consider.
It guarantees easy fitment/attachment on the vehicle, stress-free loading and positioning of the bikes, and uncompromised security and safety.
If all the listed attributes are what you desire or prefer in a bike rack.
Especially if you have a robust budget and do not care to spend about $500 on a reliable design.
This is an innovative design you may want to watch closely.
Yakima 8002445 can accommodate various bike sizes.
You can mount two (2) bikes on it without any issues, provided you keep to the maximum weight capacity.
The spacing between each bike eliminates collision, ensuring the bike’s paint or finish is not affected by dents.
The SKS locks protect the bikes from unapproved access or being carted away.
You can leave your bikes still mounted on the rack while you make a quick check-in or stopover during your trip.
- Guarantees optimum security against theft
- Ensures your bikes are loaded or positioned easily and securely
- Installation is effortless and doesn’t require any tool
- Costly design
- Bike capacity is restricted to two (2) bikes only
09. Retrospec Lenox
- Alloy steel material
- 2-inch Receiver
- Comes with an adapter
- 80 pounds maximum load capacity (2 bikes)
- 27 x 14 x 4 inches in dimension
- 21 pounds in weight
Retrospec Lenox is an excellent brand that has successfully combined quality with affordability.
Again, this is a top option that anyone with a limited budget (below $100) can consider for outstanding performance.
One thing is sure. You will get greater value than how much you pay for it.
If you have always been having a tough time getting your bike into/out of your rear storage.
This is a bike rack you can count on to eliminate these challenges.
It conveniently accommodates two (2) bikes, with a weight limit of about 80 pounds (40 pounds per bike).
Thanks to its sturdy construction (alloy steel material).
Retrospec Lenox ensures that you do not need to spend exorbitantly on a bike rack, especially if you can’t afford a premium brand.
- Very affordable design
- Easy to mount and doesn’t shake or wobble during transportation
- Durable, sturdy, and safe design
- Compatible with CLASS II OR IV 2-inch HITCH only
10. Thule EasyFold XT
- Aluminum & plastic construction
- 130 pounds max weight (2 bikes)
- Compatible with 1.25-inch & 2-inch receivers
- 4 x 25 x 26.75 inches in dimension
- 45 pounds in weight
Thule EasyFold XT is another expensive bike rack on our list.
The good news is that it is not one of the costly designs that do not have anything to show for the huge investment.
If you are looking for a bike rack that accommodates a wide range of bikes (irrespective of the type or size).
You can count on this design in that aspect.
It is designed to fit both the 1.25-inch & 2-inch receivers perfectly.
It is fully foldable, and it doesn’t at any point in time restrict or limit access to the rear cargo space.
Thanks to its smart foot pedal tilt.
The maximum load capacity of 130 pounds (65 pounds/bike) makes it suitable for heavy bikes.
- Installation is fast and stress-free
- Fully foldable bike rack
- Doesn’t hinder access to the trunk
- Locks your bikes securely
- Very expensive
11. Swagman B000SL1AEG
- Plastic & steel construction
- 70 pounds max load capacity (2 bikes)
- Mounting instructions manual
- 3 x 8 x 34 inches in dimension
- 5 pounds in weight
Swagman B000SL1AEG comes in a sleek design that looks attractive on installed vehicles.
Although it is not heavy (5 pounds), the sturdy steel and plastic materials used for the construction provide adequate strength to safely transport your bikes across desired locations.
If you have less than $100 to invest in a bike rack, here is another suitable option you can consider.
With a combined load capacity of 70 pounds, you can mount two (2) bikes and transport them with optimum/guaranteed safety.
The straps keep the bikes in place, ensuring they do not move around or kick out of place.
Swagman B000SL1AEG can be put together with ease.
Also, it can be detached or removed without the need for any tools.
A feature some users consider a threat to their bike’s safety.
- Installation is easy
- Not difficult to use and operate
- Stable or wobble-free performance
- You may need to put some extra precautions in place to prevent unauthorized access
12. YAKIMA 8002103
- Carbon fiber material
- Fits 20-inch to 29-inch wheels and tires up to 3-inch
- Two (2) SKS locks
- 40 pounds max load capacity (1 bike)
- 5 x 8.5 x 10 inches in dimension
- 18 pounds in weight
YAKIMA 8002103 can be mounted directly on your Honda CRV without using any tool.
If you are looking for a Honda CRV bike rack no hitch that can only accommodate one bike and with a load capacity of up to 40 pounds.
Here is the real deal for you. Installing this rack doesn’t require any experience.
Also, no tools are involved or required.
It is designed to provide enough space to avoid collision or contact with your bike’s frame, eliminating any form of damage to it.
If you desire extra protection against theft. The SKS locks have you covered, eliminating worries or anxieties.
- Easy to mount
- Bikes can be placed or loaded on the rack with ease
- Doesn’t collide with your bike’s frame
- You can’t load more than one bike on it
13. Tyger Auto TG-RK4B102B
- 25-inch and 2-inch hitch receiver
- Hitch pin lock & cable lock
- Soft cushion protector
- Four (4) bikes capacity
- 61 x 9 x 21 inches in dimension
- 22 pounds in weight
Tyger Auto TG-RK4B102B is designed to accommodate up to 4 bikes at a go.
Thanks to its excellent alloy steel material that guarantees durability and strength.
For further protection, the E-coating lowers the impact of dust and protects the rack from premature damage that may occur due to rust attack.
If you are a big lover of cycling.
Especially if you love to take your bike with you on vacation or during one of those long trips to a new destination.
This bike rack is suitable for your need and application.
It ensures your bikes stay in position irrespective of the distance or terrain, eliminating possible damage in the process.
Also, it keeps your bikes safe from unauthorized access or potential theft.
Thanks to the cable lock, straps, and hitch pin lock.
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Tilt down feature, and foldable carry arms for convenient access to the trunk
- Easy to mount
- Great design for the price
- The rack’s weight may be bulky or difficult to handle for some users
14. BV-HR B075MTH9NS
- Fits bikes with 3-inch maximum tire width
- 70 maximum load capacity (2 bikes)
- Tilt back design
- 2-inch hitch receiver adaptor
- 7 x 14.8 x 7.6 inches in dimension
- 1 pounds in weight
BV-HR B075MTH9NS is designed for all cyclers, irrespective of the experience level.
It doesn’t matter if you are new to cycling or have been doing it for a very long time.
This bike rack comes with all the appropriate features that enhance functionality and aid ease of use.
You can transport up to two (2) bikes at the same time, without any issues.
The bikes stay in position without colliding with one another.
Also, its tilt-back design makes it possible to access the trunk without taking off the hitch rack.
If you are going on a long trip, that may require you to travel at night.
The safety reflector improves visibility on the road for optimum safety.
- The rack can be folded when you do not need it or make use of it
- Comes with a safety reflector for improved visibility when driving at night
- Fast & smooth installation process
- Can’t accommodate more than two bikes
- Doesn’t support bikes that run on fat tires
15. Allen Sports Deluxe 102900CP
- Alloy steel material
- Compatible for two (2) bikes
- Fully assembled design
- Padded lower frame & straps
- 5 x 13.5 x 4.25 inches in dimension
- 85 pounds in weight
Allen Sports Deluxe 102900CP allows you to take your bike with you and ride in other locations or parts of the country.
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a pro.
This rack keeps your bike in place for enhanced stability.
Mounting/integrating this rack on your Honda CRV is stress-free.
It is one activity that can be performed independently.
The instruction manual is clear enough to take you through the process if need be.
However, it doesn’t mention some vital details like how to activate the lock feature.
The heavy-duty alloy steel construction guarantees optimum durability and strength for effective and long-lasting use.
Another great addition is the steel bar adaptor, a vital component for women’s bikes.
- Simple, effective, and sturdy bike rack
- Super easy to use and provide adequate security
- Affordable ( you will get what you pay for or even more)
- The side strap metal clips are not designed to go sideways
- The maximum load capacity is not indicated/mentioned
Buying Considerations of Best Bike Rack For Honda CRV
You don’t have to place excessive pressure on your finance or break the bank in the process of acquiring a compatible/suitable bike rack for your vehicle.
So far, we have reviewed 15 bike racks across all prices.
No matter your budget (1ow-high), there are suitable options for you.
2. Stability & Spacing
Ensure the segments designed to hold your bikes are well-spaced to prevent possible collision between them.
Also, ensure there are extra straps or other necessary support to prevent wobbling that may result in the bikes making contact with the body of your Honda CRV.
This way, dents, scratches, and minor damages are prevented.
3. Load Capacity & Number of Bikes
Ensure you choose a rack that can conveniently carry/accommodate the size of your bike.
In addition to that, if you always go cycling with your partner or friend. You need to put this into consideration.
For instance, if you enjoy cycling with your wife, pick a rack that can transport two bikes or more.
A versatile bike rack supports other use or function.
If you are going on a trip or vacation that requires going with other accessories asides from your bikes, choose a rack that supports that. Preferably a roof rack.
Mounting your bike rack should be effortless.
This activity should not be time-consuming.
Also, the use of special tools must never be an option.
Investing in something you find essential/significant for comfort and convenience should be an important consideration at all times.
If you love cycling and wish to travel with your bike on your next vacation.
Investing in the best bike rack for Honda CRV makes the whole experience effortless.